* Final preparations are being made for the annual Olive Branch Chamber of Commerce Business Expo, set for Oct. 9 at Northcentral Electric Power Association, 4600 Northcentral Way in Olive Branch. Stop by and visit local businesses to see how they can work for you and your employees. Hours are 8:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. For more information, call the Chamber at 662-895-2600.
* The Southaven Chamber of Commerce holds its 50th Anniversary Gala and Annual Awards Celebration on Oct. 17 at 6 p.m. at the Landers Center in Southaven. The evening includes dinner, a silent auction, wine toss, and presentation of the Chamber’s annual awards, with live entertainment by The Dantones. For ticket information, visit www.southavenchamber.com or call 662-342-6114.
* The Horn Lake Chamber of Commerce’s second annual Food Truck Festival is planned for Latimer Lakes Park on Oct. 12 from 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Free admission. Activities include live music, a Kids Zone, craft vendors and a beer garden. Call the Chamber for more information at 662-393-9897.
* Join the Hernando Main Street Chamber of Commerce for Halloween off the Square, Oct. 19 from 3-5 p.m. at the DeSoto County Administration Building parking lot. Trunk or treating for children age 12 and under. For more information or to reserve a space, call the Chamber offices at 662-429-9055 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Tanger Outlets Southaven is hosting a free job fair on Oct. 8 in the mall’s Suite 335. Hours are from 4-7 p.m. Several brand name and upscale retailers such as Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, Kate Spade, Tommy Hilfiger, Vera Bradley and many more will seek to employ full-time, part-time, and seasonal positions. All applicants are encouraged to come dressed for success! Attendees are encouraged to bring multiple copies of their resumes. For more information and a current list of open positions, visit http://www.tangeroutlet.com/southaven/careers.
* A job fair is planned for Oct. 5 from 8 a.m.-3 p.m. at the FedEx Memphis World Hub headquarters, 2874 Business Park Drive, Building D. Permanent part-time positions with benefits are available. A total of 500 positions are to be filled.